On this page you will learn everything there is to know about David Kolb’s experiential learning. What can you expect to find here?
- David Kolb’s model explained in 5 minutes
- An interactive view of Kolb’s model, in comparison to other theories
- Suggestions for further reading
1. What is experiential learning?
Watch the video to find out the basics on David Kolb’s cycle of experiential learning. You can check your understanding afterwards by answering the questions below the video.
2. Hungry for more?
Use our interactive visual to get a deeper understanding of the theories of Lewin, Dewey and Piaget that inspired David Kolb. Click the ‘i’ icon to find out more.
3. Suggestions for further reading
- Kolb, D. A. (2015). Experiential learning: Experience as the Source of Learning and Development (2nd ed.). Pearson Education, Inc.
- McLeod, S. A. (2017, October 24). Kolb – learning styles and experiential learning cycle. Simply Psychology. Consulted 28th of October 2020 via https://www.simplypsychology.org/learning-kolb.html
- Experience Bases Learning Systems, LLC. (2020). Experential Learning Theory. Consulted 28th of October 2020 via www.prodiagnostiek.be
- Duchatelet, D. (2019-2020). Leer- & motivatiepsychologie [non-published syllabus]. Antwerpen: Universiteit Antwerpen Opleidings- en onderwijswetenschappen.